You’ve landed over the right place to get complete solution to error your Quickbooks has encounters into. Pretty sure, if you follow all the below steps carefully, you can get it fixed. However, we still recommend you to get in touch with Quickbooks experts by dialing above number to resolve the issue promptly.
How and why Quickbooks error 3371 occurs ?
While installing Quickbooks for the first time or later, at the time of validating the license number or product code. It checks and verifies the encrypted file holding all the information. Improper or damaged encrypted file will not load and give an error message before activating your copy of quickbooks.
These are the exact error msg which you may see while activating or opening your quickbooks for the first time or anytime in future :
- Could not initialize license properties. Error 3371: QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files.
- Could not initialize license properties. [Error 3371, Status Code -11118] QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files.
- Could not initialize license properties. [Error: 3371, Status Code -1] QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files.
- After you clone your hard drive, this error occurs out of missing Quickbooks license file
- If you’ve gone for harddisk replacement after it has crashed. You may keep getting the same error 3371; Status code-11118 (Quickbooks could not load the license data)
CLOSER LOOK AT THE AFFECTED FILES
- Quickbooks licensed information is stored in QBREGISTRATION.DAT. This is the file which gets verified once everytime Quickbooks is opened.
- Talking about the windows platform, important file related to windows which decides the quickbooks program to run is MSXML component. A DAMANGED MSXML file will not let run your quickbooks software.
- Damaged EntitlementDataStore.ecml file
Steps to follow to fix them one by one (with caution ):
- Delete the corrupted or damaged encrypted file and reenter your license and product information, which most probably will resolve the error.
- Restart your computer making sure your quickbooks program is not running
- Open run windows by pressing Windows + R button at the same time
- type C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8 (depending upon the quickbooks version you’re using or navigating to the quickbooks folder, idea is to locate the entitled file)
- Locate the file and delete
- Re-launch quickbooks followed by opening your company file. There you can try to register it again.
- Check if your Operating system is not updated. A very old operating system may have missing files those are required to run latest quickbooks version you’re using. You’ll find steps to update your windows by looking into ‘Programs’ folder in desktop. Then to windows update & clicking on install updates.
- Often when we use Antivirus programs, they tend to delete affected files inside your computer. Any such case where important quickbooks files are affected and removed by the antivirus program. Quickbooks will not run with missing files. In such cases, reinstalling quickbooks is one and only best option.
- Re-create damaged EntitlementDataStore.ecml file. This file is located in c:\programdata\intuit\entitlement client\vs 8 or depending upon the quickbooks version you’re using. Deleting the file and re-opening fixes the issue most luckily. Every time you re-open quickbooks it itself creates the missing file.
- or call quickbooks technician to effectively resolve the problem.
- If you’re installing a fresh copy of quickbooks, don’t overlook the common installation errors. Try to rectify them or install simply a fresh copy of Quickbooks.
For any further support, you can always speak to one of Quickbooks certified technicians – 1844-305-6166